Some things that have been on my mind, or recently escaped from it:
- I done been melded. SF Signal’s Mind Meld feature regularly surveys sf writers, editors, and agents on a different question each time. This week it’s If You Could Change Any Aspect of The Science Fiction Field, What Would it Be?” The answers covered a lot of ground, but I chose to opine on ebooks and dance the hate dance on DRM.
- I want my Sean Stewart. On the SF Novelists blog a few days ago, I wrote an open letter to Sean Stewart demanding that he stop working on ground-breaking interactive games and write new novels. I don’t think it’ll work, but dammit, I love his books, and nobody said bloggers have to be rational.
- Russians, however, want Georgia and Pandemonium. The Russian rights to the book sold weeks ago, evidently prompting them to invade countries that do not support new science fiction.
- Books are here! Del Rey sent my author’s copies, and they’re lovely to look at it. At WorldCon, Borderlands Bookstore owner Alan Beatts told me I’d won the cover lottery, and explained how the cover “read” very well from 10 feet away. So, let me give another shout out to Greg Ruth, the cover artist.
- You can get your own at the Book Launch Party. Come to Barnes & Noble of State College on Sunday, September 7, at 3pm, then over to my house for beer and chili — directions to the homestead will be distributied at the signing, or you can email me.
9 thoughts on “5 Things”
You may have books, but what about the rest of us??? I’ve been checking both the “cheesy counter” on your site and my order status at least twice a day for the past week. I’m starting to have nightmares about not ever seeing the book. I’ve even considered the 10+ hour drive to PA just to steal a book from your stash!!!
I finished MY copy last night. Loved it Daryl! Great job.
Pandemonium will rock Putin’s world…
Just great. I was just barely coping with Sarah’s comments. I didn’t whine about it, even though I thought about it A LOT.
But now I got an email this morning that Random House canceled my order thanks to the gift card expiring between the time I placed the order and the time they used it…
Sarah, I told you not to let Paul know that you got an advance copy. He’s… sensitive.
But Paul, RH doing that to you — that’s just _wrong_.
I appreciate your sympathy on my RH plight. Though being as “sensitive” as I am, I can only wonder if you are just thinking about your sales and not about your (well at this point potential) readers.
In reality the canceled order eliminates my Pandemonium dilemma. Wait for the ordered book to get here or go out and buy a copy tomorrow. I guess I’ll just have to take the day off and visit my local bookstore!
Well my local bookstore came through. As a bonus I bought 2 copies, so can give one to my “good” sister.
The odd thing is that I didn’t see the book on the shelf (I called ahead) and the person behind the register said it should have been in with the Horror books.
See, this is going to be the problem with a crossgenre mashup. Where will they hide my book?
When I went to my Barnes & Noble today — a literal ego trip, in that I only went to see my books on the shelves, and touch them, and take pictures of them with my cell phone, and turn them face out to increase sales — I found it in the science fiction and fantasy section.
That was my intent also (see, touch, picture and turn) I’m guessing that they haven’t unboxed them yet.
Can’t wait to see the book. I may head to Barnes and Noble later today to check out the level of mojo your books are producing. I have to recalibrate the Mojometer though to a higher level first…
Scooter in the Sticks
Comments are closed.